“Bootcamp was life changing. No seriously, it fuels your fire”
Richard Bradley, 2014 Contestant
I have managed all aspects of this award winning campaign to recruit fresh young talent into agriculture since it started in 2012.
Watch the films here: www.farmersapprentice.co.uk
How does it work:
The Farmers Apprentice is a ground-breaking campaign to attract bright young talent to farming. It harnesses all of Farmers Weekly’s expertise in social media, print, web and film. 10 young people (18 to 25 years) from inside, and outside the industry, are chosen from hundreds of entrants to take part in a challenge that tests their skills to be a modern day farmer. The ultimate prize that they are competing for is £10,000 in cash.
They will take part in a week-long residential challenge (bootcamp). Their leadership, problem solving and team working skills will be tested in tasks that reflect the full range of skills needed to run a successful farming business. All this will be captured on film and shown as a series of webisodes online with the ultimate aim of inspiring the next generation of young farming entrepreneurs.
Farmers Apprentice is:
• Reaching out to young people from all walks of life
• Helping to transform the image of farming to young people
• Assisting 10 young people in the skills needed to succeed in farming
• Showcasing the dynamic, innovative and rewarding world of farming
• Providing one winner with £10,000 to start up their own farming business
• Award-winning – 2013 AOP Cross Media Campaign and PPA Event of the Year
• Now entering its 3rd year with an experienced team at Farmers Weekly running the show
For three years Farmers Weekly has been leading the charge to inspire fresh young talent into agriculture. With leading businesses in agriculture as our sponsors we have created a life changing experience that showcases farming as the best place for bright young people to come and work. We are doing this for the future of the industry and for the future of the businesses that sponsor this project. We’ve proved that Farmers Apprentice is a publishing process that changes lives.